Pages

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, July 14, 2011

How To: Combat Chafing

As I said in my last post, chafing is a problem for me.  My dad-- who (in his prime) used to run, row, sail, cross-country ski and more-- suggested I just rub some Vaseline on my skin.  I usually think he's nuts, so I went ahead and bought some compression shorts from Nike.

These are the ones I bought, about $25-$30 but they fit really well

Well I don't feel like washing those 4 times a week, so I thought I'd try the Vaseline trick on my shorter runs and see if it helped at all.

Good ol' fashioned petroleum jelly

Turns out, it does!  I had no problems on my 3-milers later last week and on Tuesday, or on my 4-miler this morning  :)  I'm still going to wear my compression shorts for my longer runs-- and definitely for the half marathon-- but it's nice to know there's another option that requires less laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment