Pages

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

For real this time...

I've said it in pretty much all of my posts but I'm actually starting to workout this week.  I know that what I've needed all along has been a stable and constant schedule so I can workout consistently each day.  Having started my internship at Almost Home Kids, I got the chance to set my own schedule.  I chose to start each day at 9 am, so I am waking up at 6:00 each morning to workout before heading to the AHK house.  I am alternating cardio workouts with strength workouts, plus I'm trying eat more protein, fruits and veggies, and less carbs, sugar and fat!

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I'm doing Cool Running's Couch to 5K Plan, which introduces sloths like me to running without killing ourselves.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I'm doing strength workouts.  I'm going to do a different one each week; this week's is SELF magazine's 90 Seconds to Slim workout.

On the CARA Web site, I found three 5K runs that I'm going to choose from: the Joshua Kurby Charge for CHARGE 5K in Carol Stream on 8/14, the Peapod Project's Walk.Run.Help in Chicago on 8/28, or the Noon Lions' Labor of Love 5K Run/Walk in Downers Grove on 9/6.  I'd love to do all three but I just don't have the ability to pay three registration fees; no job = no money.

Since it's only been two days so far, the only signs of progress I've noticed are that my core and quads are sooo sore... But it's a good kind of sore, the kind that means I've been working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment